Monday, August 24, 2009

Friendship = 2(j) + ((1/2)(g))

To me, this proverb means that friendship obviously, makes life more enjoyable, and makes grievances that much easier to deal with.
My friends have always been reliable. They know me better than I know myself, and in times of grief, sometimes it's easy to forget who you are in midst of the situation. Having friends that know you better than you know yourself, can help you to remember who you are, and help you get over your mourning. A friend can remind you that the way you're dealing with a situation is not the way that YOU would deal with it.
Greater than that, friends contribute greatly to joy. They know how to make you smile and to make you laugh. A friend may or may not share interest, but still can share laughs. A day without a laugh is a day wasted.
An example of time where a friend has helped me through a grievance, I had needed someone more than ever.
I hadn't eaten for two days, and was still in a pessimistic state. I just needed someone to lift me up, someone to talk to. They were the ones I talked to. Which was like lifting a 1000lbs off of my shoulders. All I needed was company, and a little joy in my life, something to lift me up. They were there. Thank you friends : )

No comments:

Post a Comment