Friday, August 21, 2009

Just...Isn't It Obvious?

A little background-This was written by me. It is actually the only poem I've written out of my own recreational purpose, on my own time. It needs work, but like the subject, it's history and that's where I'll leave it to lie. As far as comments, positive, negative, or even both suffice. I don't mind a little criticism.

Song I'm currently listening to:
Silverstein's "Smile In Your Sleep"


Just look at you.
Eyes, once full of lust,
Now of beauty.
Hair, once a curtain to hide behind,
Now a shrine to keep safe.
Ears, once hollow and careless,
Now a passage of incoming memories.
Cheeks, speckled from lips a many,
Now freckled, rosy, and sweet.
Nose, often curled in spite,
Now curled by a grin.
Lips never kiss and tell,
Now tell of kisses.
Just look at you,
Such beauty!


Just look at me.
Eyes, wet and weary of searching,
Now wet and weary 'cause I can't look away.
Hair, also a curtain to hide behind,
Now need not hide any longer.
Ears, full of lies and rejection,
Now longing the truth and the sweet sound of your voice.
Cheeks, speckled by the sun,
Now speckled as many times as I've thought of you.
Nose, once curled in spite of you,
Now laughter wrinkles the skin.
Lips, never kissed, never told,
Now awaiting their first to tell time and time again.
Just look at me,
In love.

Just listen to you.
Your voice, so sweet,
So innocent.
Your laugh, so comforting,
So lovely.
Your tongue spasms, so random,
But timed perfectly.
Your silence, so not you,
But could sustain me for hours.
Your kisses, so far away,
Yet still uplifting.
Your lies, long gone,
So reassuring.
Just listen to you,
'Cause it kills me not to.

Just listen to me.
My voice, so normal,
But apparently out of this world.
My laugh, rarely vocal,
But often silent and happy.
My tongue spasms, so stolen from you,
But you don't mind.
My silence, so often, so ANNOYING!
'Just means I'm thinking of you.
My kisses, also distant,
But very sincere.
My lies...
I have none.
Just listen to me,
Silent.

Just imagine you,
Imagining me.
Just think of you,
Thinking of me.
Just look at me,
Looking at you.
Just listen to me.
Listening to you.
Just hold me,
I won't let go.
Just hug me,
Ha-ha, still not letting go!
Just kiss me,
Locked lips leave me absent-minded.
Just trust me,
You won't be disappointed
Just cry for me,
Never.
Just dream of me,
Whenever.
Just love me,
I'll love you more.
Just be with me,

Forever more.

3 comments: