Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Everybody's Fool (I Know Who You Are)

Brain washing...is it possible? Can one really make another forget who they are? Or what they believe in? Or for that matter, who they believe in? One could even ask, is it considered brainwashing, or just influence?
By definition of my own, I consider brain washing to be a forceful way of changing perception and ability to reason. I entirely believe it is possible; especially by means of social isolation. Much like a parasite, the brain washer can appear to be a normal person; seemingly perfect by nature. Once they infect the body, it can survive and live off of the host unnoticeably until satisfied.
In reference to the previous post, "Going Under (Just When I Thought I Reached The Bottom)", I see 'Friend' as the parasite, feeding off of my Grandmother's assets, unnoticable to her (the host). I experienced for myself that what she sees is different that what we see in him. For example; there was a day that my little cousin, my sister, and I were out at my Granny's. While me and my cousin were inside watching tv, my Granny was outside working in the garden. My sister had come to me saying that she wanted to go home--she was apparently upset--saying that she would explain later. Come to find out, 'Friend' had tried to bribe my sister with money, to (and I quote), "Tell them lazy asses to get off the couch and come help their Granny." This incident was later brought to the attention of our Granny, but she simply didn't believe us; using the excuse: he doesn't have any grandchildren, he's not used to children. It was then I knew, he has her fooled.
I also couldn't ignore the fact, that each of his visits became longer. First a visit, then a temporary place, then a place to stay, then his home. He had successfully infected the host. All he had to do was make her think that it was a good thing. Once again, he has her fooled, and he is well aware of it.All she sees is the mask. Luckily, the mask has come off to my family, and without the mask, there's no where to hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment