Sunday, September 27, 2009

Nothing This Good Can Last Forever

Lately, things have been working out quite nicely. With all of the things I've got going, it all has seemed to miraculously fall into place. It's been a struggle, nonetheless. Late nights contribute their part to the sleep deprivation that fuels the next day--the effects start to show in my performance in both school, and athletic career. I'm behind on two tests for one class, and I failed one test earlier today. I still haven't finished an APUSH essay that was due more than a week ago. Luckily, he's still grading them. Although it was a privilege, this weekend I had to run on the JV team. I ended up placing 2nd to Daviess County's Josh Bratcher. All while Apollo CC freshman got to run Varsity. It's a disappointment to say the least. I want to do better but there's a definite limit to what I can do with the energy I have. It seems a miracle that I'm still functioning.
Is there a point where I have to draw the line? What is too much for me? How do I know? What would be best for me? To quote Scary Kids Scaring Kids, "I hope for the best. There's nothing left."

No comments:

Post a Comment