Question: Describe a significant experience that has had a profound effect on your life and/or your work as an artist.
Response: The instance that always comes to mind as a significant experience is working with my uncle as a brick mason. My grandfather passed away, back in 2003, so I never got the chance to work with him. It was still his business though. Everytime I mix mud or carry a load of bricks, I look at it as a chance to make up for the opportunities I had to work with such an incredible man. By that, I mean that I put excess effort into everything I do--just as he would have. And in my work, I'm always looking for ways that I can improve...in quality, and in satisfaction. It's because of that, that I'm always finding ways to improve my work, coming one step closer, but never close enough to my best.
No comments:
Post a Comment