Forget Mike,
Nobody really knows how or why
He works so hard and seems like he's never got time
Because he writes every note, and he writes every line
And I've seen him at work
And I've seen him at work
When that light goes on in his mind
It's like a design
It's written in his head every time
Before he even touches a key or speaks in a rhyme
Written above is the only rap that I know
The only one that I have continued to sew
Into the fabric of my mind
Where words and a beat actually show
True meaning to what I have known;
As the true rap that I knew just years ago.
The smut these days has nothing but shown
Me
The type of nothing that rap has grown
Into;
What I would give to just throw it out the window
This repetition of, "Hey ho, goin to the club with my negro."
I'm sorry, were you not expecting?
I've give you a moment to start collecting
I've give you a moment to start collecting
The reasons for why we are not rejecting
These absurd words in which we're apprehending
Rather than defending, as images in which we are depending
On, aka rely on the pertinence
Of the disciplines our music can instill in
The mind of the younger generation
Of a nation, headed in the wrong direction
Ready to nose dive, can't survive
When all we have is time.
Time
Running out without a doubt
Listen up because I'm shout
-Ing, can we stop pretending?
Our country in dire need to find
What we seek from our mind
The mind's eye, the least blind
Of the trifecta, the truthful eye.
Basically, I'm saying that the first stanza are lines from the song Remember The Name by Fort Minor. It is unlike new age rap that is all about drugs, sex, and clubs. Fort Minor's raps tell a story about life, something that a person can relate to and learn from. The reason I despise rap with a passion is because of the new image it's created. The early 2000's were by far epic years in the movement of this new style. Yes, some songs were about drugs and sex, aka the 'ecstasies' in life. But that wasn't their only subject. The new age hip hop, has taken over as a song composed of what seems to be several common words, "Boo, girl, flo' (floor), ho (slang for a female), and other vulgarities and racial slurs that if said by a white man would wind him up being shot." I just don't understand it. Either way, tell me what you think about my first, and more than likely, last rap.

No comments:
Post a Comment