Thursday, November 26, 2009

These Words are the Words that Wrote the Song You Sung

Alright, so I've been watching the show Scrubs for quite a while now. And after the first three episodes, I realized that every show has a 'significant' message at the end. Usually told through J.D.'s narration. There's one that's always stuck with me as something to live by:
I think that the problem with most people who want what they can't have is that, when they actually get the thing they covet, they don't want it anymore. But not this guy.

It's taught me that if I 'covet' something, once I achieve it. Don't become negligent. Appreciate achievement/accomplishment or even luck. There are countless episodes to this 9 season series. Each episode having it's own message. Here are some from the first few seasons that stood out. I plan on blogging on these lessons...eventually.

There comes a time when every man needs to make a choice, whether it's a professional choice or whether it's a personal choice. In the end, it's about integrity, and it's about chasing after what you really want, even if that means showing you both care a little. And sometimes...well, sometimes you just have to do what's right for your friend, even if it means sacrificing your own happiness. When it comes down to it, you just have to be proud of the decision you make.

It's hard trying to figure out how to reach somebody. I guess the only thing to do is think of someone that I look up to and remember how they first got through to me.

It was then I realized that you never really appreciate something until you lose it.

I thought growing up was something that happened automatically as you got older. But it turns out it's something you have to choose to do.

Sometimes the only way you can take a really good look at yourself is through somebody else's eyes.

I think that the problem with most people who want what they can't have is that, when they actually get the thing they covet, they don't want it anymore. But not this guy.

Like how sometimes it can be hard to understand. Other times, love's obvious to everyone.

Sometimes it's hard to find the right words. Sometimes, words come easy. Sometimes, the words don't come out at all. But, ultimately, you have to grit your teeth and just say it.

I think one of the most universal human experiences is feeling alone. You'd never know it, but there's most likely tons of people feeling the exact same way. Maybe because you're feeling abandoned. Maybe because you realize that you aren't as self-sufficient as you thought.Maybe because you know you should've handled something differently. Or maybe because you aren't as good as you thought you were. Either way, when you hit that low point, you have a choice. You can either wallow in self-pity...Or you can suck it up. It's your call.

I think the one thing we never stop looking for is acceptance. Acceptance of our own shortcomings...Acceptance that some things are gonna be what they're gonna be.

But, somedays, the odds are worse than that. And on days like that, I guess the best you can hope for is that you took something from it...Anything...Anything at all...Even if it's just taking the time to lie in the grass and think about all the things you still have left to do.

The beginning of any relationship is really about three things: Control... Dependence...And timing. Other than that, there aren't really a whole lot of surprises.

Every ending leads to new complications...New problems to be dealt with...new issues.

The scariest thing was that I thought he was stronger than all of us. But maybe it's not about being the best. Maybe it's about finding the little things that get you through the day. Whether it's the support of someone close to you...or letting yourself feel overwhelmed...if only for a moment. Or being selfish every once in a while. I don't know. I guess in the end it's about surviving any way you can.

I guess in a lot of relationships you regress to the person you were when you first met.

Miracles do happen. I think you just have to be willing to look for them.

I've been thinking a lot lately about taking chances...And how it's really just about overcoming your fears. Because the truth is, every time you take a big risk in your life, no matter how it ends up, you're always glad you took it.

I guess the key to a lot of things is balance. Whether it's balance of power...balance in love...or sometimes just balance. For some of us, it seems too far out of reach...to difficult to achieve. But the important thing is to never stop trying.

I think everybody has their own way of releasing all that stuff that gets bottled up inside them. I guess it just took me a good friend to help me find mine.

It's hard trying to figure out how to reach somebody. I guess the only thing to do is think of someone that I look up to and remember how they first got through to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment