Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sure to Endure (Your Barrel Full of Monkeys is Finally Floating Down a River)

"The scariest thing was that I thought he was stronger than all of us. But maybe it's not about being the best. Maybe it's about finding the little things that get you through the day. Whether it's the support of someone close to you...or letting yourself feel overwhelmed...if only for a moment. Or being selfish every once in a while. I don't know. I guess in the end it's about surviving any way you can."

We all have people that look up to: The one friend that understands exactly where you're coming from and what you're getting at; the teacher who has worked their but off to through hell and back; the uncle that is the closest thing closure [1]; the person who keeps it all buried inside doing their best to stay strong...You look up to them because they're understanding, tough, the missing link, even the best at repression. Contrary to what the prompt says...it's them that gets me through the day.



  1. Haste The Day - Burning Bridges: Closest Thing To Closure

No comments:

Post a Comment