Monday, March 29, 2010

One-Eighty By Summer

So...this summer will [hopefully] be pretty big for me...and...it seems that this week will only be the beginning. There's a few things that have to happen first:

  • Either this week, or next week, or the week after (no later than the 16th), a few friends and I find out whether or not we have been accepted for the GSP. If I don't get accepted, then I will be spending my summer working, and having fun with friends and family at home, in Owensboro. But if we do get accepted, that means the last 5 weeks of summer will be spent at Bellarmine University, Centre College, or Murray University.

Which in turn, affects several other things;
-I will have to take a 5 month break from working at Moonlite, which means less money for college and car insurance, and just less money in general.
-Cross Country: I will not be with the team for summer training. Which means I'm less likely to run over summer, which means I will not be in the same shape as the others come time for the season to start.
-Vacation plans: I may not be able to go out of state for vacation unless it is in the first 3 or 4 weeks of summer.
-The List: The List is the biggest part of my summer, as of right now. It will happen regardless of whether or not I get into GSP. The List is something that Heather and Jojo started, but I've joined in on the list as a result of Car Talk. The List is comprised of things that we have/have never done that we would like to do over summer/before we graduate high school. Since Heather graduates this year, we have to help her complete The List. Most of the things are outdoor activities, but there are some that are as simple as watching The Lion King (for Heather) and watching an episode of Spongebob (for Jojo). Some of the things we can do here in Owensboro, and some of the things we have to travel to do. Some require work, some require fun. All in all, it's a challenge that I'm willing to take on and by all means, bring it on. I can't wait for summer.

What do I hope to accomplish this summer?
  • Become more open-minded: I want to try new things, experience things that I've never experienced before, and for that matter, adapt to the idea of openly experiencing new things no matter the price. Whether it be public humiliation, mild embarrassment, or whether it be a couple bucks for tickets to Holiday World.
  • Meet new people: In my trials, tribulations, and travels, I hope to meet new people, make new friends, make some connections. You never know who you'll meet, and you never know who they know. In turn, you never know where others can take you. But first you have to bring yourself to meet the people.
  • Figure it all out: This summer, I want to figure out what I want to do for the rest of my life. Figure out what I can do, what it'll take to get there, and actually start on getting there.
To be continued until "To be continued" is removed.

No comments:

Post a Comment