Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Kamikaze Satire

My my...don't you just love Fall Break? A whole week to relax after several weeks of staying up late working on assignments and preparing for quizzes and tests. A whole week to hang out with friends on a social basis. A whole week to stay up late and wake up late, just for the heck of it. And even better...it's not just students that get this privilege, but teachers too! Oh what joy!
But wait...what's this? I'm brought to check my Agenda book that (thank God!) doesn't rhyme with 2010. Let's see...Blue Day...I've got a little packet and some studying to do for Biology...that's not asking too much...Then there's nothing in Cisco or Psychology...So far so good. Now for White Day...no Yearbook...no APUSH...non devoirs en francais...and no Pre Calculus. Ahh! What a relief...I can relax.
Uh-oh...wait...I seemed to have skipped one: English. Well, there's 7 blogs by the end of the month. That's completable...then there's...oh crap...You've got to be kidding me! 3 Projects! Each of those will take about an hour and a half each! And on top of that...a literary analysis essay?! Well isn't that just wonderful.
Looks like I'll be spending my recoup time from school, working on English. That should be no problem considering I have nothing better to do...nothing planned. I mean...besides the morning practices, and the errands for my dad, who's right arm is in a sling, by the way...psh...he doesn't need me anyhow...Then there's the checks that I need to take to the bank...and I need to work out the whole deal with the lost check book. Oh! And working Monday and Friday night are just a pleasure. And to top it off, our biggest and only home meet of the year is being held for the first time at Panther Creek Park. The details shouldn't be stressful.
Yep, I can't wait to do some critical thinking about details of the dreams, fulfillments, results, and changes of characters...Or think about why Mama is a good parent? Who?What?When?Where?Why? and How?...Or even the biggest problem in Walter and Ruth's marriage.

Twas the night before Fall Break, that all through my mind
Not a critical thought wasn't stirring--not ever a time
The points of my thesis, supported with care
In hope that harmony, would soon be there

No comments:

Post a Comment