Saturday, October 24, 2009

Keep Holding On (Sequel Without a Sequel, That Can't Find It's Prequel)

Where'd You Go (Keep Holding On (Prequel With a Sequel)) Follow Up:
In my last post, I basically analyzed a song and related it to my life. Well this is the continuation of where that post left off: What does Skylar have to do with the song Where'd You Go?

Like I had said earlier, Skylar and I have known each other since 8th grade. It's funny...we used to talk about things like, "How long do you think we'll keep in touch?" or "Do you think we'll ever grow apart?" Because at the time we were pretty close as far as communication goes... and we always guessed that we would at least last until high school was over. And to this day, we still talk. Sadly enough, not as much as in the beginning. You see, when I first started noticing that we didn't talk as much, it was almost a dramatic change. She was someone my age, my friend (but not a best friend that I would be afraid would judge me), a girl (providing a different point of view on things than my typical friends that were guys), and she wasn't a parent (I wasn't afraid to tell her things). It was like withdrawals...you have to have time to adjust...So that's what I had to do. A couple days became weeks, and weeks became a month or so, that'd we'd go without talking. Now it's the occasional catching up with each other, but besides that, we don't talk much anymore.

One of the backbone's of our origin is Avril Lavigne. We found in the beginning that music is extremely important to us, and we found that we both had a guilty pleasure in Avril Lavigne's music. About that time, her new album "The Best Damn Thing" was released, and we were both fairly excited. At the same time, the movie Eragon, based on the book series, was released in theatres. From "The Best Damn Thing", the song "Keep Holding On" was basically the theme for the movie Eragon. Out of basic interests and connections, she dubbed that song as 'our' song. We were both going through some perspectively tough times in our lives. It always seemed fitting to help each other out by being there for the other. We'd always quote songs, the way people quote the Bible to justify an opinion. Not to say her songs were our Bible in a literal sense, but in a symbolically metaphorical sense...yeah.

Lately, we've both noticed that we miss each other's company. Since we both don't have near as much time as we used to, to keep in touch, we're more distant. Growing so far apart from someone that used to be so close...It's disappointing. I hate the feeling of giving up on someone, even though you're not. It's something that I want to change and plan on changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment