Monday, January 4, 2010

Thnks Fr Th Mmrs

The year of '09 was a pretty big year. There were several things going on in my life, locally, and even nationally. It came with hope, and left with hopefulness.
For starts, there was the inauguration of President Obama. Everyone had their own opinion...me, not so much. I don't really care for politics as I see it as a bunch of grown ups who put on their suits, practice their speeches, and try to act grown up. When really, all they are are little kids in a constant argument trying to impress and persuade the other through big words and ... short ... pauses ... every three seconds. Look guys, I'm not impressed, just quit pointing fingers and quit acting like someone you're not. Just please...get the job done. Also with the year '09, came several deaths, that of Michael Jackson, Billy Mayes, and even some lady...which I can't remember her name at the moment, supposably she was lady that was on the walls of many'a young men of our parents' generation. There were a lot of plane crashes, illuminating the hero in our everyday American citizens.
Locally, there was the destruction of Owensboro Rivermont's Executive Inn. A place that many stars called home for one temporary night. I remember someone telling me that my grandfather wasn't too fond of this Inn because it was built buy a man who hired a bunch of temps rather than a union like The Carpenter's Union or the Electric Union. I'm not sure though. The most memorable things in that building had to deal with a tee ball party, where I got like 10 feet of air, followed by a belly buster...which hurt like heck. With it, I'm was glad to see the memories of Sydney's birthday party go with it...which...yeah, don't ask. This year, I also discovered that Owensboro does, in fact, have a downtown! It is beautiful might I add. I will admit, there are some structural damage and some buildings that need work, ...

...I lost my train of thought, so I can't really write much more...it wouldn't fit, wouldn't flow...so Thnks Fr Th Mmrs 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment